Monday 11 June 2018

Snowy Egrets at Hagerman (June 2018)

The snowy egrets at Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge are stunningly beautiful. They're not particularly afraid of humans either, which (combined with their predilection for moving very slowly to catch prey) makes them great subjects for me to practice with my camera.

This poor bird was trying to get away from us but kept flying just ahead of where we were headed. I love the shapes their wings make when they fly.

snowy egret standing on road snowy egret flying snowy egret flying

I don't know for certain if this is the same snowy egret I photographed in this location on my last visit, but I'd like to think it is. The fluffy feathers photographed really well, even with the wind. In the last photo, you can see the egret is eating something (a small fish?).

beautiful snowy  egret feathers graceful snowy egret profile snowy egret eating a fish

This is my favorite photo of the day, I think:

snowy egret portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow Geese - Hagerman NWR (pt. 3)