Thursday 17 May 2018

Treasure trove in my closet

Ages and ages ago, when I was in high school (and college), I collected any magazine and newspaper clippings I could about David Bowie. I was (am) a huge fan and I devoured everything I could find.

Earlier today, I was cleaning my closet out and discovered a bag full of clippings and magazines from those days. I hadn't realized that I still had any of this. I knew I had my concert books -- are those still a thing? -- but I didn't realize that I'd kept everything else, too. I had a lot of fun sorting through everything though.

Most of the stuff is from the 1990s. The collection starts around the time of the Sound+Vision tour and goes through about the time Earthling was released. There are some clips about Tin Machine, him getting married to Iman, and even his ex-wife's "tell-all" book tour.

Had I stumbled on this treasure trove five years ago, i probably would have trashed a lot of it. However, in light of Bowie's passing, it feels appropriate to keep all this with the rest of my Bowie collection. Context and whatnot.

Here is some of what I found:

(I absolutely adore that Raygun cover.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow Geese - Hagerman NWR (pt. 3)